|MINISTRY OF HEALTH
DRUG ADMINISTRATION OF VIETNAM
|SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
|No.: 6777/QLD-MP||Hanoi, 16 April 2018|
– Health department in central-affiliated cities and provinces
– The cosmetics production, trading enterprises.
Implement the ASEAN Cosmetic Convention and the provisions of Circular No. 06/2011/ TT-BYT dated 25/11/2011 of the Ministry of Health regulations on management of cosmetics, to update the results of the meeting of the ASEAN Cosmetic Committee (ACC) and the 27th ASEAN Cosmetic Scientific Body (ACSB), the Drug Administration of Vietnam notified to you as following:
1. The Drug Administration of Vietnam has uploaded the updated Annexes on the composition of substances for use in cosmetics on his website (http://www.dav.gov.vn/Quanlymypham) for your implementation:
– List of substances which do not allowed for use in cosmetic products (Annex II).
– List of substances for use in cosmetic products have prescribed concentration/strengthen limits (Annex III).
– List of coloring agent allow for use in cosmetic products (Annex IV).
– List of preservatives allow for use in cosmetics (Annex VI).
– List of permitted UV filters substances (Annex VII).
2. The schedule apply to the updates following the Annexes of ASEAN Cosmetic Convention are below:
– Methylisothiazolinone (MIT): Used as a preservative in rinse-off products with a maximum concentration of 0.0015% (15 ppm). Cosmetic leave-on products containing MIT or cosmetic products containing MIT with concentration exceeding 0.0015% (15 ppm) which have been issued Product Notification Number only allowed to be marketed until June 1st , 2019.
– Lyral (HICC), Atranol, Chloroatranol: are given in Annex II (Substances not allowed in cosmetics). Companies must not continue to notify cosmetic products whose compositions contain one or some of the substances above. Cosmetic products containing one or some of these substances have been issued Product Notification No. are allowed to circulate on the market until January 1st, 2020.
– Cosmetic products containing oxidized and non-oxidized hair dye in Annex III (Substances for use in cosmetics with concentration/strengthen limits must label “Sử dụng gang tay thích hợp”. (Use appropriate gloves). From December 1st, 2020, all hair dye products contain oxidized and non-oxidized substances in the formula in Annex III (Substances for use in cosmetics with concentration/strengthen limits) must be labeled “Sử dụng găng tay thích hợp” (Use appropriate gloves) when circulating on the market.
3. It is requested that Health department in central-affiliated cities and provinces popularize organizations on the area (where the organisation is placed) the contents above.
4. It is requested that companies constantly review compositions of cosmetic products, frequently update the list of substances for use in cosmetics, ensure to only put them into circulation, distribution and use of cosmetic products meeting regulations.
The Drug Administration of Vietnam shall notify organizations for implementation.
(Signed & Stamped)
VU TUAN CUONG
The official letter 6777/QLD-MP dated 2018 update regulations on substances used in cosmetic
FOR VIETNAMESE VERSION HERE
COPY PLEASE TO REFER TO VNRAS.COM